First I want to say thank you for allowing me a part of your special day and capture these moments that you'll remember forever. Know that you're in great hands and I'm going to give 100% to meet your expectations. Please refer back to this guide if you have any questions or concerns at any point in time.
The following things I need from you leading up to your wedding. If your continue below each section is elaborated in more detail
Leading Up to Your Wedding
- Filled out wedding photography questionnaire linked in your email.
- Engagement Session if you've opted for this
- Remaining balance of your wedding photography fee before the wedding date (There will be a reminder email sent a week before it's due)
- 1 week before the wedding, the timeline from the questionnaire needs to be confirmed to make sure that nothing has changed (there will also be an reminder email sent for this as well)
Day of Your Wedding
- I check in with the person that's signed the contract
- I will go and photograph ceremony details
- Photograph you and your bridesmaids getting ready for the last hour
- Photograph bridal portrait shoot
- Coordinate and photograph first look
- I will go to the ceremony location to take photographs of the guests arriving and the "receiving line"
- Wedding Happens
- We all gather together and take family and friend portraits
- Then you and your significant other have time to yourselves and we get some couple photography of you two when you're officially married!!!
- Head over to the reception area and photograph the introduction of the wedding party
- We all eat
- More photography of the first dance etc.
- And last but not least the grand exit from the reception location.
- I will "check out" with the person I checked in with
After your wedding:
- 1 week afterwards you'll receive a sneak peak & a blog questionnaire (if you opted to participate
- 4-6 Weeks after will be the digital delivery of images. This will be the time you can share your images or purchase prints if you so choose
- Once prints are ordered, depending on shipping time chose, you'll get your prints 5-9 business days in the mail.
- Also, after delivery of your images, you'll favorite the ones that you'd like for a printed album
You package details are located in contract. It's in the link that is in your email I sent after you booked your session.
This info session is pretty long and extensive, so I've included the abbreviated version above for a quick overview.
To ensure that I do the very best job for you and your significant other I would like to request you set aside the following time increments for photography. If there's a section that we haven't discussed and will not be in your program then ignore it and just account for the sections that apply to you.
- Prep (45 minutes or less for each person)
- First look - if applicable (15 min)
- Family Portraits (30 minutes)
- Couple portraits (30 minutes)
- Details shot of reception BEFORE guest enter(10-15 minutes)
- Optional Sunset portraits (10-15 minutes)
- 1:00 pm - Leave getting ready location
- 1: 30 pm - Arrive at ceremony location
- 1:45 - 2:15 pm - Bridal Portrait Session
- 2:15-2:40pm - First look photo session
- 3:00 pm - Ceremony
Here are somethings to consider about the above sections of time
It's imperative that you make sure you check your specific sunset times and for the location of your wedding. This might affect the timeline above, make changes accordingly.
Family and friend portraits should be scheduled at optimum lighting time(s). Usually after 2pm is perfectly fine. For my favorite light we can take pictures right before sunset in a window of time called golden hour (this is about 1- 1 1/2 hours before sunset). During sunset it's usually best to get the scenery, and during golden hour it's the time to get a romantic glow
Please, please, please do not change your timeline or portrait location without giving me adequate warning. With these changes in the schedule we could miss some really important shot that you'd like to get.
Please have all wedding engagement rings at the brides or grooms getting ready location. Preferably to be with the person who will be "wearing" most of the details of the wedding. When I arrive on location this will be the first thing I photograph for the first 30 minutes.
- Dress Hanger
- Rings ( both engagement and wedding)
- Hair Pieces
- Invitation Suite
- Vow Book
- Any other sentimental keepsakes
Special Detail Shots
If there is anything special or emotionally tied to you guys as couple, please inform me in your questionnaire. The last thing I would want is that to be missing from your final gallery.
The Bridesmaids Dresses
Please have all the bridesmaids dresses out of their bags and hanging in the same area if you'd liked them photographed with or without the wedding dress.
The Bridal Gown
Putting on the jewelry and veil is something I want to make sure to capture so please wait before adorning them.
This is also important because around this time you might be heading to ceremony. Make sure that any special family member or friends are at the prep location at this time and they need to be fully dress. For example mother of the bride.
There are two times that I can photograph your bridal portraits. Either we can have completely separate session the day that you have your test run of hair and make up, or we can take them on the day of!
The most important fact to keep into consideration is if anything is running behind schedule on day of, there is chance that we'll miss them entirely on the day of your wedding.
If you opt for bridal portraits on a separate day, I recommend that we photograph them at a wedding venue inside. Just to make sure the dress stays as clean as possible before your big day. Even though certain venues have a small fee, and this fee can be inconvenient, I feel that it's worth it!
I use a website called Pixieset.com to deliver my images to my clients
If you ever loose the link I send to you, no worries, you can find your album here Client Area. The password for your album will be the month-day-year and state initials of your wedding
This is a perfect way to remember your entire day. After you've received your pictures, I recommend that you pick out the following pictures. Not every single one will be used but it gives me an idea of the overall vibe of the wedding album you're going for
- 10-12 romantic pictures of just the two of you
- 6-8 Getting ready photos of the bride
- 6-8 Getting ready photos of the groom
- 10-15 Ceremony Photos
- 8-12 Posed Wedding Party Photos
- 4-6 Family Photos
- 10-15 Reception Photos
As a disclaimer, I do have 9-5 job so a majority of your emails or texts will be answered between or after that time. Do not worry, your wedding is my utmost priority as photography is passion of mine and I put my entire being into what I create and share. My most common way of communication is via email but if there's an absolute emergency you're more than welcome to text or call